DigitSec S4 integrates well with Jira! It's possible to connect S4 on a global level and specify different projects on a per Org basis. Before getting started, you will need to make sure you have the following information:
- Your Jira Details
- Jira Domain (You only need the sub-domain, not the entire domain. Leave off atlassian.net)
- Jira Account Email
- API Token
- Project Title (case-sensitive)
- Project Key (case-sensitive)
- Your Jira account will need to have WRITE privileges
- Your Jira project will need a DONE column
You must set S4 up to work with your Jira instance on a global level before you can put in per org overrides for projects.
To set up S4 to work with Jira on a global basis.
- After logging into S4 with administrator access, find the "Configure" or Gear-icon in the left-hand navigation. Click once and the page will load the default screen, showing "Global Configurations" with the "Scan Settings" tab active.
- Click on the Integrations Tab
- Click on the Configure button on the Jira line.
- Enter the details and click the Verify & Save button
Once your information has been entered, it should give you a success message which indicates your Jira board has been connected. If you get an error, please check your Jira Details and try again.
To set up S4 to work with Jira on a specific Org.
Before getting started, S4 will be need to be connected to a Jira Instance as described in the section above.
- After logging into S4 with administrator access, find the "Salesfource" or Cloud-icon in the left-hand navigation. Click once and the page will load the Salesforce Instances Under Monitoring index screen.
- Click on the 3-dot function menu on the same line as the Salesforce Org you are working with..
- Choose the "Edit Org Settings" option.
- The browser will display the Salesforce Org Settings page, with Salesforce Info as the default active tab. Click on the Integrations tab.
- You can now modify the Project Title and Project Key for this Salesforce Org to integrate with a different JIRA project.
- Click "Verify & Save" to complete.
- Once your information has been entered, it should give you a success message which indicates your Jira board has been connected. If you get an error, please check your Jira Details and try again.
Q: Why is my information not being output to my Jira board?
A: Please double check your Jira credentials and try again, if still having issues,
please submit a ticket on our website and we will look into the issue further.
Q: Where do I find my Jira Credentials?
A: Please check the configure panel in the integrations tab of S4, there is
documentation that will help you find all the necessary credentials to utilize
Q: I am getting a success message saying my Jira information is correct, but why aren’t my
issues being posted to my Jira board?
A: Please double check your user privileges on Jira side, if you do not have write permissions to your Jira project, S4 will not be able to post your scan results.
Q: When I run a scan, bugs we have resolved are not moving out of the task category on Jira. Why is that?
A: Please make sure that you have a column named Done in your Jira project.
Q: Once I set up Jira, what are some of the cool features that this will enable me to do?
A: Once you set up Jira, you are then able to integrate S4 into your CI/CD pipeline. By doing this, you can run S4 scans (from Jenkins for instance), and S4 will scan your org AND post to Jira all from one call made in your CI/CD pipeline. This will be able to minimize your interaction with S4.