DigitSec integrates well with Jira! It's possible to connect DigitSec on a global level and specify different JIRA projects on a per Workspace basis. Before getting started, you will need to make sure you have the following information:
- Your Jira Details
- Jira Domain (You only need the sub-domain, not the entire domain. Leave off atlassian.net)
- Jira Account Email
- API Token
- Project Title (case-sensitive)
- Project Key (case-sensitive)
- Your Jira account will need to have WRITE privileges
- Your Jira project will need a DONE column
You must set DigitSec up to work with your Jira instance on a global level before you can put in per org overrides for projects.
To set up DigitSecto work with Jira on a global basis.
- After logging into DigitSec with administrator access, find the "Configure" on the top-bar main navigation. Click once and the page will load the default screen, showing "Global Configurations" with the "Integrations" sub-tab active.
- Click on the Configure button on the Jira line. This will open a JIRA modal dialog screen.
- Enter the details and click the Verify & Save button
* Data shown in input fields is sample example. Enter values that match your JIRA information.
Once your information has been entered, it should give you a success message which indicates your Jira board has been connected. If you get an error, please check your Jira Details and try again.
To set up DigitSec to work with Jira on a specific Workspace.
Before getting started, DigitSec will need to be connected to a Jira Instance as described in the section above.
- After logging into DigitSec with administrator access, find the Workspace you wish to connect to a JIRA project on the Workspaces Index screen.
- Click on the Workspace Title.
- The click on Integrations --> JIRA in the tabbed sub-navigation for that Workspace.
- You can now modify the Project Title and Project Key for this Salesforce Org to integrate with a different JIRA project.
- Click "Verify & Save" to complete.
- Once your information has been entered, it should give you a success message which indicates your Jira board has been connected. If you get an error, please check your Jira Details and try again.
If the Priority field is missing from your Tasks/Epics/Subtasks, S4 might not be able to post your findings to JIRA.
Please make sure to add the Priority field to your tasks as shown below:
1) Go to Project Settings as shown below:
2) Select Issue types:
3) Add the Priority field to your Tasks/Epics/Subtasks as below:
Q: Why is my information not being output to my JIRA board?
A: Please double check your JIRA credentials and whether you have WRITE privileges to the board. If you are still having issues, please contact your DigitSec Customer Success representative. Please note, that if your JIRA board has REQUIRED fields, this may prevent DigitSec from successfully posting issues. Contact your DigitSec Customer Success representative with a list of your required fields and we can make sure issues post properly.
Q: Where do I find my Jira Credentials?
A: Please check the Configure section, then under the integrations tab, there is documentation that will help you find all the necessary credentials to utilize this feature.
Q: When I run a scan, bugs we have resolved are not moving out of the task category on Jira. Why is that?
A: Please make sure that you have a column named Done in your Jira project.
Q: Once I set up Jira, what are some of the cool features that this will enable me to do?
A: Once you set up Jira, you are then able to integrate DigitSec into your CI/CD pipeline. By doing this, you can run DigitSec scans (from Jenkins for instance), and DigitSec will scan your Salesforce Org AND post to Jira all from one call made in your CI/CD pipeline. This will allow you to minimize your interaction with the DigitSec platform (one less thing to manage, so you can stay focused on your DevOps flow).